Haunted Locations Directory - International
Choose a country to find a location or add a listing
Waldniel Hoster School
In vain the current owner has been trying to sell the building for years. Because of the neglect, the terrain falls more and more and it reports are surfacing again and again by people who enter the site without asking.
Open to the Public
Open to Investigations
Open for Public Contact
In 1913, the huge plant, consisting of a church, a school and several administrative buildings, was built by the Franciscan Order. The task of the Franciscan brothers lay in taking care of the approximately 600 residents of the facility in which it was severely disabled and those with learning difficulties men. With the coming to power of the Nazis in Germany, all the institutions of the Catholic church was trying to influence. This happened 1935-1937 by an avalanche of lawsuits. The Franciscan Order was sued to pay high fines for currency violations. Several monks were sentenced in the "Koblenz processes" because of sex crimes. For the state was reason enough not to finance the attendance of wards in Waldniel-Hostert. The Order finally went bankrupt and so left the last monks on 23 May 1937, the house. The site has now been "children Waldniel specialized institution" used as a medicine and nursing home. The "Guardian Angel House" of the Franciscans was now used for the "children's euthanasia" - the murder of mentally handicapped children on racial cleansing 1939 a reporting requirement for all newborns was disability were introduced. These and older children were from 1940 by the Nazis in specially designed killing centers, the so-called children's wards (KFA) was added. There were about 30 of these institutions in the entire Nazi dominion. In Waldniel-Hostert for this purpose, the former "Guardian Angel House" of Franciscan brothers has been transformed into such a facility with 200 beds. Patients were here first "begutachtetet" to be subsequently gassed with carbon monoxide. The selected for killing children and young people each got 3-5 Luminal tablets. Thus they fell asleep first. However, right after waking up they got again a dose Luminal. This has been repeated so often, until they were finally unconscious, shortness of breath got started to rattle and then died miserably with discharge of mucus from the mouth and nose. So an ordeal could, depending on the constitution of the child take up to 8 days. In early July 1943, the KFA Waldniel-Hostert was disbanded due to the war. The 183 children who had survived until then, were brought in other "departments". A total of 97 children died while in the KFA Waldniel-Hostert. In the death certificates was to emaciation, pneumonia, on cardiovascular weakness and the like. After the 2nd World War, then got the Franciscan brothers back the terrain. Financially, it was no longer viable and therefore they sold it to the federal government, which in turn leased it for 37 years to the English. From the plant now has the "British Military Hospital Hostert", consisting of a polyclinic with two operating rooms, delivery rooms and Surgical, interior, pediatric and psychiatric departments. As of 09.10.1963 the facility was then used as a British school. It was rebuilt, two gymnasiums, an auditorium and a cafeteria were added. In the Kent School in 1400 young people were taught. 270 of them were able to live in the local boarding school.
Children’s screams have been heard rattling around the former site where mentally disabled young people were killed by the Nazis. The grounds and buildings are reportedly roamed by wandering spirits as well as the empty corridors of the building.
Be the first to review this listing!
You are now being logged in using your Facebook credentials